Bangalore to Srikakulam Cab Services
plan to book car for hire or bus for rentals for Bangalore to Srikakulam tour or travel of holiday packages, Srikalulam is located at the banks of the Krishna River and is placed on the northeast corner of Andhra Pradesh. This town came under the kalinga region of ancient India and is known for its various temple . The town has one of the longest coastlines in the state of Andhra Pradesh and its various beaches are also worth visiting. Srikakulm is also a major producer of Khadi products.
Srikakulam Seight Seeing
1) Suryanarayana Temple ;- The ancient hindu temple of sun God – “Lord Suryanaryana Swamy Temple” located at arasavallin This is one of unique and most visited pilgrimage temple . The Original name is Harshavalli which means Abode of Joy.
2) Srimukhalingam ;- Srimukhalingam lies on the banks of Vamsadhara River in Srikakulam District and is 48 KM north of Srikakulam town. It was erstwhile capital of Ganga Kings. Major point of attraction here is the Sri Mukhalingeswara Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
3) Ravlivalasa ;- Sri Endala Mallikarjuna Swamy is the famous temples, It is about 5kms from tekkali . On Maha Sivaratri and Kartika Mondays large gathering devotees worship this deity.
4) Kalingapatnam ;- This scenic spot was an ancient sea port and EUROPEAN merchants resided here during the regime of the east india compatny . Places of interest include a light house and a Buddhist stupa. kalingapatnam beach is situated 30 kms from srikakulam,
5) Srikurmam ;- The village Srikurmam derive of its name from the temple, which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu in the Avathara of Srikurmam the Avathara of a tortoise, and hence the deity is called Srikurmanatha. The temple is of very great sanctity, being the only important temple to Lord Vishnu in the Kurmavathara in the only temple in india . Lord Sri Kurmanatha Swamy Temple located on the way of Arasavalli Sun God Temple in Srikakulam. Srikurmam is a unique famous temple in the world situated at a distance of about 18 kms to the southeast of srikakulam town .
6) Salihundam ;- This village shot into prominence because excavations revealed the existence of an ancient buddhist settlement. Situated 18 Kms from Srikakulam on the banks of the river Vamsadhara, a maha stupa, votive stupas, chaityas, platforms and viharas have been unearthed here with inscriptions dating back to the 2nd century A.D. The main stupa on a hilltop measures 46 feet in diameter while the maha vihara salipethaka has an entrance in the shape of Swastika. Significantly, this was the place from where the message of BUDDHISM spread to Sumatra and other eastern countries.
7) Telineelapuram ;- Telineelapuram and Telukunchi are well known bird sanctuaries. Telineelapuram is located 65 Kms from Srikakulam and 7 Kms from Tekkali while Telukunchi is at a distance of 115 Kms from Srikakulam in Ichchapuram mandal. Painted storks and pelicans from siberia migrate to these sanctuaries every year to nest and breed. Naturally, this place is a favourite for bird watchers
8) Triveni Sangam ;- . The village is located near the confluence of the nagavalli , Suvarnamukhi and Vegavati rivers. This triveni sangam resembles in allahabad. Sangam village is considered as one of the popular pilgrimage located in the Srikakulam District.
9) Radhagovinda Swamy Temple ;- The major attraction of this temple is the description of the four Vedas on its fortification. The Radhagovindaswamy temple is situated in Meliaputti .
10) Bhavanapadu Beach;- The fishing harbour the major attractions Bhavanapadu Beach is a popular picknic spot in Santha Bommali mandal in Srikakulam,