PONDICHERRY – PUDUCHERRY-INDIA ;-
The HISTORY OF PONICHERRY takes you back to the first century. Historians and archeologist suggest that the city had long established TRADE routes that connected to ROME and the region close to the CITY OF PONDICHERRY The capital of the UNION TERRITORY OF PUDUCHERRY, Pondicherry is a former FRENCH colony and is now among the CHIEF TOURIST/TRIP/TRAVEL/TOUR/ DESTINATIONS IN SOUTH INDIA. This coastal town was a FRENCH colony till 1954 and still retains many colonial buildings, churches, statues and the systematic town planning by the FRENCH and is often called the EUROPE OF INDIA because of its town planning. Although a small town, travel-tour-trip-weekend-getaway-leisure-event-package-tour-honeymoon- holiday’s-vacations-localuse-outstation- beach-heritage-pilgrim-nature- destinations in Pondicherry-Karnataka, book your comfortable fleets,its best and safe ways to travel with comfort us, book know your cab hire-rental, car hire-rental, bus-coach hire-rentals, bus-minibus rental-hire, luxury-comfort taxi,Executive cars-bus-rental-hire, luxury cars-bus-coach rentals/hire, localuse taxi-car-bus rentals, outstation-car-cab-bus-minibus-rentals in -Pondicherry-Karnataka-Bangalore, the town contains an interesting mix of INDIAN and French COLONIAL HERITAGE and a number of TOURIST/TRAVEL/TRIP/DESTINATIONS IN PONDICHEERY. the CITY was referred as PONDICHERRY. However, in 2006 the name of the territory underwent a change based on linguistic lines. Henceforth Pondicherry was renamed as ‘Puducherry’, which deciphers as a ‘new village’ in Tamil.
1) SRI AUROBINDO ASHRAM IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;-
The ashram has since become one of the PRIME TOURIST/TRAVEL/TRIP/TOUR/DESTINATIONS IN PONDICHERRY and spiritual seekers. The chief aims and ideals of the ashrams are based on the teachings of Sri Aurobindo and Mira Alfassa. The ashram contains several offices, a library, a printing press, playground, art gallery,
2) AUROVILLE IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;-
‘The City of Dawn’ is a township located 8 kilometers FROM PONDICHERRY. It was founded in 1968 by Sri Aurobindo and Mira Alfassa and was designed by the French architect Roger Anger. The idea was to create a UNIVERSAL TOWN where people from all over the world would live in harmony and peace irrespective of caste, color, nationalities etc.
3) PROMENADE BEACH IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;-
The Promenade beach is one of the main BEACH TOUR/TRAVEL/TRIP/DESTINATIONS IN PONDICHERRY. The walk is characterized by various landmarks and statues including the statue of Joan of Arc, the Heritage town hall, Dupleix statue, the statue of Mahatma Gandhi, the old light house, The sea breeze and the sights and sounds work as a relaxing portion on your mind,
4) IMMACULATE CONCEPTION CATHEDRAL IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;-
Consecrated in 1791, the 300 year old church is the cathedral for the Archdiocese of PONDICHERRY AND CUDDALORE. The Immaculate Conception Cathedral as we see today was built on the place where three other churches were built before the French occupation of Pondicherry. The construction started in 1791 and further improvements were made to the building till 1987,
5) BASILICA OF THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;-
The building is a fine specimen of gothic style architecture and has become a famous PILGRIMAGE CENTERS FOR CHRISTIANS IN INDIA. The structure of this church is 50 meters long, 48 meters wide and 18 meters high and is held by 24 columns. The windows are adorned with stained glass paintings,
6) OUSTERI WETLAND AND NATIONAL PARK IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;-
The Ousteri Wetland and National Park covers an area of around 3.9 sq kilometers. Geographically the place lies in the territory of both PONDICHERRY AND TAMIL-NADU. The place is home to a huge variety of aqua-fauna and avi-fauna. The place is frequented by several TOURISTS DELIGHT because of the HOUSE BOAT TOUR/TRAVEL/TRIP/DESTINATIONS IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA, services offered here. The several unique species of trees and herbs here attract a huge number of migratory birds and has become an IMPORTANT ECOLOGICAL NICHE IN SOUTH INDIA IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA region.
7) SRI VARADARAJA PERUMAL TEMPLE IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;-
Sri Varadaraja Perumal Temple is considered to be the OLDEST HINDU TEMPLE DESTINATIONS IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA, and dates back to 600 ad. The temple is built in Dravidian style of architecture evident by its sculpted pillars and a brightly colored gopuram adrorned with the sculptures of the Hindu Gods and Goddesses. The temple is dedicated to Sri Varadaraja Perumal an incarnation of lord Vishnu. According to local legend the temple was originally supposed to house the idols of Lord Rama, Lakshamana, Sita and Lord Hanuman which were brought from the sea by the local fishermen.
8) PONDICHERRY MUSEUM IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;-
Pondicherry museum houses various sculptures and other archeological findings from the Arikamedu Roman settlement which is an ancient port 7 kilometers FROM THE CITY. The museum also boasts of its various rare statues and bronze sculptures which belong to the Chola and Pallava dynasties. One can also gather detailed knowledge about the history and French colonial details in this museum. A collection of snail shells, temple lamps and other handicrafts are also displayed in this museum,
9) FRENCH WAR MEMORIAL IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;-
The French war memorial was built in 1971 to commemorate the loss of the brave French soldiers during the First World War. Every year on Bastille Day (July 14th) the memorial is illuminated and pays homage to the soldiers. It is a must visit ATTRACTIVE TOURIST/TRAVEL/TRIP/DESTINATION IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA,
10) BOTANICAL GARDEN IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;-
The botanical garden was founded in 1826 and is another example of French influence IN PONDICHERRY. The structure of the gate makes the whole place stand out in its otherwise TAMIL TOWN LOCATION. It was originally laid out in a typical French style garden, with gravel lined paths, pruned trees and fountains. The place features many different species of exotic plants and shrubs from all around the world. The place was turned into a botanical garden in 1931 by the French botanist and horticulturist George S. Perrottet.
11) INTACH HERITAGE CENTRE IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;-
12) Chunnambar Boat House CHUNNAMBAR BOAT HOUSE IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;- 13) BHARATHI GOVERNMENT PARK IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;- 14) SERENITY BEACH IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;- 15) KANNIGA PARAMESHWARI TEMPLE IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;- 16) STATUE OF DUPLEIX IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;- 17) INDRA GANDHI SPORTS COMPLEX IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;- 18) ANANDA RANGA PILLAI HOUSE IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;- Architectural Buildings, 19) AGASTISWARAM IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;- The place was visited by a powerful erudite known as Agastya who founded an ashram known as Agastiswaram. 20) SERERITY BEACH IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;- Serenity Beach is an UNMISSABLE TOURIST/TRAVEL/TRIP/TOUR/DESTINATION IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA Swathed with pristine golden sands and lapped by shimmering waters of the Bay of Bengal, this treasure trove of nature is secluded, quiet and of course, spectacular in pondicherry, CHUNNAMBAR BOAT HOUSE ;- A POPULAR TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA, 21) SRI SANESHWARA SWAMY TEMPLE IN PONDICHERRY-INDIA;- Is located not too far from the Kali Temple about 8 km outside Pondicherry off the main road on the Pondicherry-Auroville route. the Gods of nine planets: Rahu (Shadow Planet), Angaraka (Mars), Chandhra (Moon), Guru (Jupiter), Budha (Mercury), Kethu (Shadow Planet), Sukhra (Venus), Saneeswara (Saturn), and Surya (Sun God).